United Way of Windham County's strength lies in our community support. Well over 99% of funds staying here in Windham County, which means that your contribution benefits neighbors, co-workers, friends and family.
How do I contribute?
There are many ways to support United Way of Windham County. The simplest way is to make a direct contribution to the Community Fund. You can:
- Use our online form
- Text 'Windham' to 41444
- Send a check to P.O. Box 617, Brattleboro VT 05302
If you are looking to donate through a contribution of stock, you may request that the funds be trasferred via DTC to:
Wells Fargo, DTC #0141, Account #62425679
Financial Advisor Andy Rome (802-251-0100, P.O. Box 2469 West Brattleboro 05303)
Once the shares are sent to Andy, please contact Taylor Knoop to alert United Way of Windham County of the pending gift.
You can support the community fund through other forms of doantions as well.
- Do you shop at Amazon? Use AmazonSmiles and select United Way of Windham County as your organization.
- Have a car you no longer want, picked up free of charge? Running or not, call Donate for Charity at 866-392-4483 or visit donateforcharity.com and choose the "Donate Now" option. We thank you in advance for choosing United Way of Windham County to receive the proceeds of your donation.
When the Christmas Stocking retired in 2015, UWWC agreed to continue the program as "Kids in Coats." To learn more, click here.
This Giving Tuesday, November 28, help us help 100 kids - each $75 donation outfits one child with winter outerwear!
Join us on November 28 at the 99 Restaurant at 1184 Putney Road in Brattleboro for a Dining for a Cause event to benefit KIC - bring this flyer and we'll receive 15% of your check.
Leave a Legacy
There are different ways to contribute to lasting social change. Making plans today has substaintial impact for improving lives in our community for years to come.
- Bequest - The simplist (and most popular) way to leave a legacy is to name United Way of Windham County as a beneficiary in your will, 401K, 503B Retirement plan, or trust.
- Life Insurance Policies - Name United Way of Windham County as your beneficiary in your life insurance policy.
- Memorial / Tribute Gifts - Honor friends or family with a donation in their name.
Please reach out to Taylor Knoop at 802-257-4011 ext. 118 if you have any questions.