United Way of Windham County's strength lies in our community support. Well over 99% of funds staying here in Windham County, which means that your contribution benefits neighbors, co-workers, friends and family.
How do I contribute?
There are many ways to support United Way of Windham County. The simplest way is to make a direct contribution to the Community Fund. You can:
- Use our online form
- Send a check to P.O. Box 617, Brattleboro VT 05302
If you are looking to donate through a contribution of stock, you may request that the funds be transferred via DTC to:
Wells Fargo, DTC #0141, Account #62425679
Financial Advisor: Andy Rome (802-251-0100, P.O. Box 2469 West Brattleboro, VT 05303)
Once the shares are sent to Andy, please contact Ruben Garza to alert United Way of Windham County of the pending gift.
You can support the community fund through other forms of donations as well.
- Do you shop at Amazon? Use AmazonSmiles and select United Way of Windham County as your organization.
- Have a car you no longer want, picked up free of charge? Running or not, call Donate for Charity at 866-392-4483 or visit donateforcharity.com and choose the "Donate Now" option. We thank you in advance for choosing United Way of Windham County to receive the proceeds of your donation.
Back in 2015, UWWC agreed to take the lead of a program known as "Kids in Coats." To learn more, click here!
Each $75 donation outfits one child with winter outerwear!
Want creative fundraising ideas? We've got 'em for you! Whether you are an individual, group of caring friends, school, business/civic organization, or faith community, there are plenty of ways you can help keep kids in Windham County warm - click here for our KIC Event Idea Toolkit!
Leave a Legacy
There are different ways to contribute to lasting social change. Making plans today has a substantial impact for improving lives in our community for years to come.
- Bequest - The simplest (and most popular) way to leave a legacy is to name United Way of Windham County as a beneficiary in your will, 401K, 503B Retirement plan, or trust.
- Life Insurance Policies - Name United Way of Windham County as your beneficiary in your life insurance policy.
- Memorial / Tribute Gifts - Honor friends or family with a donation in their name.
For more information on UWWC's Legacy Giving click here! Or reach out to UWWC at 802-257-4011 if you have any questions.