How Do I Contribute?

United Way of Windham County Community Fund

There are many ways to support United Way of Windham County. The simplest way is to make a direct contribution to the Community Fund. You can give using our secure online giving page by clicking the "Donate" button below or click here.


You can also send a check to the following address: United Way of Windham County, P.O. Box 617, Brattleboro, VT 05302

Stock Gifts

If you are looking to donate through a contribution of stock, you may request that the funds be transferred via DTC to:

Wells Fargo, DTC #0141, Account #62425679
Financial Advisor: Bridget Bockum (Phone: (802) 251-0100, P.O. Box 2469 West Brattleboro, VT 05303)

Once the shares are sent to Bridget, please contact Ruben Garza to alert United Way of Windham County of the pending gift. 

Planned Giving

There are different ways to contribute to lasting social change. Making plans today has a substantial impact for improving lives in our community for years to come. The United Way of Windham County Legacy Society recognizes the generosity of all those who have chosen to leave a legacy of hope and invest in the future of our community through a planned gift to United Way of Windham County. How to Join:

  • Bequest - The simplest (and most popular) way to leave a legacy is to name United Way of Windham County as a beneficiary in your will, 401K, 503B Retirement plan, or trust. 
  • Life Insurance Policies - Name United Way of Windham County as your beneficiary in your life insurance policy.
  • Memorial / Tribute Gifts - Honor friends or family with a donation in their name. 

For more information on United Way of Windham County's Legacy Giving click here! Or reach out to UWWC at 802-257-4011 if you have any questions. 

Kids in Coats Fund

Back in 2015, UWWC agreed to take the lead of a program known as "Kids in Coats." Since then we have raised and distributed more than $120,000 to Windham County families to purchase warm winter outerwear. To learn more about the program visit our Kids in Coats page.

To donate to Kids in Coats, please click here.

To download a KIC donation form, click here.

Each $75 donation outfits one child with winter outerwear!

Want creative fundraising ideas? We've got 'em for you! Whether you are an individual, group of caring friends, school, business/civic organization, or faith community, there are plenty of ways you can help keep kids in Windham County warm - click here for our KIC Event Idea Toolkit!

COVID-19 Response Fund

We’re dedicated to supporting our community members through the COVID-19 pandemic and the social and economic fallout that may result from it.

United Way of Windham County has established the COVID-19COVID-19 Response Fund Giving Page Response Fund in order to rapidly mobilize resources to support organizations on the front lines of supporting our community and the families most impacted by COVID-19. All dollars given through this fund will be used to support organizations and people in our communities throughout our Windham County Community. 

This crisis has brought front and center the economic and health fragility of many Vermonters, an issue we work to address year-round at United Way. We will leverage our unique position at the center of business, nonprofit and government organizations to create both immediate and long-term sustainability for our communities. Give Now and support Windham County's COVID-19 Response Fund.

You can also send a check to the following address:  United Way of Windham County, P.O. Box 617, Brattleboro, VT 05302

Please include 'Response Fund' in the memo section of your check.

You can support the community fund through other forms of donations as well.