Why a United Way Workplace Campaign?
- Your support stays local! Contributions support locally based solutions in our community.
- Each campaign is customized to align with your organization’s mission and values.
- Customer loyalty increases in businesses that demonstrate commitment to social responsibility and the local community.
- Energize employees by uniting towards one goal. Campaigns boost morale and increase teamwork, while connecting employees to our community.
- Increases knowledge about local services, programs and volunteer opportunities in the area.
- A United Way workplace campaign is simple, convenient and efficient.
United Way's Community Impact
Every day, United Way of Windham County answers the call to help our community by leading with impact. Through a powerful mix of community generosity, understanding needs, and making strategic investments into programs and services that meet basic needs and achieve outcomes, we are creating a stronger, healthier, and more equitable place to work and live in.
United Way of Windham County's COVID-19 Response
Instead of downed power lines and washed away roads and bridges, Windham County has faced massie unemployment and increased demand for basic needs such as food, shelter, and healthcare. More than people-power, Windham County needed financial relief for displaced workers, food insecure households, and business owners forced to close shops. Luckily for all of Windham County, our community steps up!
The United Way of Windham County has distributed more than $63,000 to local Non-Profits and Businesses! We have supported food shelves in Bellows Falls, Wilmington, Putney and others. We have granted much needed funds to Arts and Cultural organizations, so they can continue to make Windham County a more beautiful and equitable place to live and enjoy. The United Way of Windham County's COVID-19 Response Fund secured grants for downtown businesses in need of rental assistance, CARES organizations, Youth programs....this list goes on!