Since 1993, farmers markets see less and less people use their 3SquaresVT. A fact that many DON'T know is that 3SquaresVT can be DOUBLED at farmers markets with a program called Crop Cash. Not all farmers markets accept 3SquaresVT, and even fewer accept Crop Cash.
Those who receive 3SquaresVT, WIC, or meet the income criteria, may also qualify to receive up to $30 in FARM TO FAMILY coupons for use at farmers markets, which will be discussed below. A list of ALL 3SquaresVT/Crop Cash/Farm to Family participating farmers markets in Windham County is provided at the bottom.
You could save yourself up to $40 in total by utilizing these benefits.
First, we'll start with just 3SquaresVT.
With your 3SquaresVT, participating farmers markets will give you $1 tokens for each dollar you want to spend. These tokens can be used throughout the season, at the same farmer's market. Use this helpful chart to get started. (EBT Cash can also be used, more info on that here if interested.)
With 3SquaresVT you can buy:
How do I Double 3SquaresVT with Crop Cash?
EARN FREE, BONUS CROP CASH COUPONS to essentially double your 3SquaresVT benefits at participating farmers markets (up to $10 limit). Crop Cash can be used to buy fruits, vegetables, herbs, and fruit/vegetable starts and seeds. It is a great chance to try various new organic fruits and vegetables.
Crop Cash coupons are given at participating farmers markets, use the image below to walk through the process:
Take me to the list of participating farmers markets shown below.
Crop Cash tips:
- Use Crop Cash for your fruits & veggies. 3SquaresVT can be used for meats, dairy, etc.
- Visit multiple participating farmers markets each week & get Crop Cash at each to utilize to the fullest.
- No cash change is given when you use your $1 tokens and Crop Cash coupons, BUT you can use them throughout the season at the same farmers market.
- Use your Crop Cash before the season ends or before it expires.
Beginning late June until October 31st, households can apply to receive $30 in coupons to be used at Farmer's Markets with the Farm to Family program. First come, first serve. These can be used to purchase fresh fruits and vegetables.
Below is information on how to schedule an appointment to apply for these coupons:
For 3SquaresVT recipients:
- Already qualified for Farm To Family!
- Schedule a brief appointment at local SEVCA office to apply.
- Leave with your coupon!
For WIC recipients:
- Already qualified for Farm To Family!
- Schedule appointment with local WIC office to apply.
For individuals NOT receiving 3SquaresVT or WIC:
- Call local SEVCA office.
- Schedule brief appointment to see if you meet income eligibility criteria.
- If you qualify, you get your coupon right then and there!
Listed below are all the FARMER'S MARKET IN WINDHAM COUNTY THAT ACCEPT 3SQUARESVT and/or Crop Cash.
(All Farmers Markets that accept 3SquaresVT, also accept Farm to Family coupons)
- BELLOWS FALLS - GREATER FALLS FARMERS MARKET (also offers Crop Cash & accepts Farm2Family)
Dates: June 7 - September 27, 2019
Location: Hetty Green Park
Time: Friday (4:00 - 7:00 PM)
- BRATTLEBORO AREA FARMERS MARKET (also offers Crop Cash & accepts Farm2Family)
Dates: May 28, 2018 - October 8, 2019
Location: New England Youth Theater
Time: Tuesday's (4:00 - 7:00 PM)
Dates: May 4, 2018 - October 26, 2019
Location: Western Avenue
Time: Saturday's (9:00 AM - 2:00 PM)
- LONDONERRY - WEST RIVER FARMERS MARKET (also offers Crop Cash)
Dates: May 25 - October 12, 2019
Location: Junction of Routes 11 and 100
Time: Saturday (9:00 AM - 1:00 PM)
- PUTNEY FARMERS MARKET (Also accepts Farm2Family)
Dates: May 26 - October 13, 2019
Location: Putney Food Co-op Green
Time: Sunday (11:00 AM - 2:00 PM)
- TOWNSHEND FARMERS MARKET (Also accepts Farm2Family)
Dates: May 25 - October 11, 2019
Location: West Townshend General Store
Time: Friday (4:30 - 7:00 PM)
To search more Farmer's Markets, click here.
You now have the tools to start saving money at farmers markets!