The following links are provided as a resource for finding out how the people of Windham County are doing in the areas of Health, Opportunity, Prosperity, and Education.
Please Note - UWWC is providing this information as a service to the community and is not responsible for the content of these links:
UWWC 2009 Community Assessment
- Brattleboro Memorial Hospital Community Health Needs Assessment
- Brattleboro Retreat Community Health Needs Assessment
- Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System (BRFSS) – VT Dept of Health
- County Health Rankings - Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- Grace Cottage Hospital Community Health Needs Assessment
- Health Research Data & Records - VT Dept. of Health
Opportunity (Volunteer Engagement)
- Opportunity Index – Annual composite measure at the state and county level of economic, educational, and civic factors that expand opportunity.
- Value of Volunteer Time - Independent Sector
- American Community Survey (ACS) Data - U.S. Census
- CFED Assets & Opportunity Initiative – Includes Assets & Opportunities Scorecard, Local Data Center, and Network to raise awareness of asset-building issues and improve programs and policies that help low- and moderate-income families build financial security.
- Comprehensive Economic Development Strategies (CEDS) - BDCC/SeVEDS
- Food Insecurity in Windham County - HungerFreeVT
- Map the Meal Gap - Feeding America
- SEVCA’s Community Assessment (November 2015)
- Vermont Affordable Housing Coalition
- Vermont Coalition to End Homelessness – Statewide Point in Time (PIT) Report, an unduplicated count of persons experiencing homelessness in both unsheltered and sheltered (in a homeless program) places on a single night.
- Vermont Food System Atlas - VT Farm to Plate Network
- Windham Regional Commission - Regional Plan - Housing & Transportation chapters
- Vermont Insights
- KidsCount Data Center - Anne E. Casey Foundation
- Youth Risk Behavior Survey - VT Dept. of Health
- VT Agency of Education
- Community Commons - Data, tools, and stories to improve communities and inspire change.
- Governor’s Dashboard
- Public Assets Institute - In its work on Vermont’s tax and budget policy, PAI focuses on three areas: health care finance, education finance, and family economic security. They provide facts, analyses, and policy ideas to inform and stimulate public discussion about how Vermont can be a state that works for all of its residents.
- Vermont Population-Level Outcomes & Indicators – VT Agency of Administration annual reports
- Vermont 2-1-1 Monthly Call Summary by County & Annual Reports
- VT Center for Rural Studies Windham County Profile - The mission of this website is to provide Vermonters with quality indicators that are useful in local decision-making and economic activities. The site places a priority on municipal level data.
- Windham Regional Plan & Town Profiles - Windham Regional Commission
- Vermont Community Foundation - Understanding VT, Local Food for Healthy Communities, Early Care & Education, Giving in VT, Postsecondary Education, Vermont's Nonprofit Sector